Send some sunshine to brighten their day with gorgeous sunflower bouquets. There's hardly a more cheerful flower than the sunflower; lucky for your special someone, many sunflower varieties are in season right now! You can send sunflowers and some summer happiness, or send delicious sunflower cookies, fabulous preserved sunflower wreaths, or beautiful sunflower bouquets and arrangements. There are many sunflower varieties to choose from like traditional yellow sunflowers or beautiful deep orange sunflowers.
Check out our secrets about sunflowers post to learn more about sunflower facts, decor and care tips. Sunflower delivery is quick & easy with 1800Flowers.com, whether you select same-day flower delivery or choose to send flowers in the days or weeks to come!
Most Popular Sunflower Bouquet Pairings
- Sunflowers & Roses
- Sunflowers & Daisies
- Sunflowers & Lilies
- Sunflowers & Lavender
- Sunflowers & Hydrangeas
- Sunflowers & Eucalyptus
Popular Sunflower Gifts
- A Sunflower Bouquet of Vibrant Yellow Sunflowers
- A Sunflower Floral Arrangement of Orange and Yellow Sunflowers
- Sunflower Wreaths
- Sunflower Décor including Windchimes, Garden Stones or Birdfeeders
- Sunflower Necklaces
How to Care for Sunflowers
Nobody likes a wilted sunflower! With these sunflower facts and sunflower care tips, taking care of sunflowers is easier than ever.
Sunflowers Care & Handling
Your sunflowers may arrive in bud form. Follow these simple tips for maximum quality and enjoyment. With proper care, your flowers will continue to open up and bloom for several days.
- Fill a clean vase 3/4 full with fresh cool tap water and flower food.
- Remove bottom leaves if present. Cut one inch off the stems under
running water and immediately place in vase.
- Re-cut stems and change water on day 3 for longevity and optimal
- Keep flowers away from drafts, direct sunlight, and excessive heat or
Did You Know? Sunflower Facts
Sunflowers follow the path of the sun as they grow, and it's natural for them to bend and twist at they do so. To ensure every petal receives as much sunlight as possible, our striking stems are grown on farms with optimal temperature for harvest.
Sunflowers Love Water
Give them a big gulp regularly to ensure that they'll grow to be full, lush blooms.
The Lifecycle of a Sunflower
- Seedling: The first phase of the sunflower's life cycle is as a seedling. About 3 days after the seed is planted, it germinates and the case begins to split as the roots shoot out and push further down into the soil.
- Shoot: After about a week, a shoot will sprout out of the soil, reaching slowly for the sun. Shortly after the shoot appears, the leaves will begin to open; the stem and leaves will continue to grow larger and wider as time continues.
- Bud: As the seedling continues to grow, eventually, a bud will be noticeable. The bud will begin to slowly unfold as the flower head opens.
- Bloom: Finally, as the flower head opens fully, the beauty of the sunflower can be appreciated at its prime.
- Wilt: After a long season, the petals will start to wilt. Eventually the whole flower will shrivel, where the seeds will then be released and scattered in the ground.
- Regrowth: Once the sunflower seed settles in an ideal spot, the sunflower life cycle will start all over again.
Make a DIY Sunflower Pencil Vase in 3 Steps
- Place a rubber band around a glass vase and insert unsharpened #2 pencils between the glass and the rubber band until the entire glass is covered.
- Hide the rubber band with a ribbon of your choice.
- Pour about 2 inches of water into the glass, but make sure to add more water right away so that the flowers stay fresher longer.
Roses with Sunflowers: A Perfect Combo!
Sunflowers and roses are one of the most popular flower combinations. Arrangements containing bright yellow sunflowers and roses in different colors such as orange, pink, and purple make a gorgeous bouquet. Bring cheerful vibes into your home with a rose and sunflower bouquet from 1-800-Flowers!
Popular Sunflower & Rose Bouquets
- Floral Embrace™: This vibrant bouquet features hot punk roses, carnations, lilies and bright yellow sunflowers.
- Garden Sensation™ Bouquet: This cheery mixed bouquet features sunflowers, light pink roses and hot pink gerbera daisies and is sure to brighten any day!
- Floral Enchantment™ Bouquet: This striking arrangement features sunflowers, orange roses, carnations, and purple dianthus to be the center of any room.
- Beautiful Blooms™ Bouquet: This unique bouquet presented in a signature European hatbox features orange roses, sunflowers, pink snapdragons and hot pink lilies amongst other gorgeous blooms!
- Garden of Grandeur®: This luxurious bouquet features fresh blooms including pink roses, lilies, sunflowers and lavender stock.
Sunny Garden Basket™: This adorable bouquet is arranged in a basket filled with sunflowers, roses, carnations, daises and more!
Popular Sunflower Gifts
- A Sunflower Bouquet of Vibrant Yellow Sunflowers: is a great gift for as it is a classic and timeless floral arrangement that's sure to brighten up anyone’s day. Sunflowers symbolize happiness, loyalty, and longevity, making them a perfect gift for anyone in your life!
- A Sunflower Floral Arrangement of Orange and Yellow Sunflowers: is another great gift for friends and family! The bright colors of the mixed sunflowers bouquet will add warmth and cheerfulness to any room!
- Sunflower Wreaths: are perfect long lasting gifts! These wreaths can be hung on doors or walls to add a touch of rustic charm to any room in their house or an inviting welcome into their home when hung on the front door.
- Sunflower Décor including Windchimes, Garden Stones or Birdfeeders: are perfect gifts that help them enjoy the beauty of sunflowers all year long! Perfect for the loved ones that loves the outdoors and gardening!
- Sunflower Necklaces: are great gifts as they are a timeless gift she can cherish for years to come and act as the perfect reminder of how much you love and appreciate her.